Some Basic Tips For Newbie Bloggers
Blogging can be quite interesting, especially if you are one who loves expressing him/herself. Who doesn’t want their opinion to be heard anyways, right? But blogs aren’t always about opinions. Some are about information, sharing of ideas, helping out a cause, showcasing one’s work and talents, and so on. Blogs can be your outlet for pent-up emotions, bottled-up thoughts, or just reactions to a certain situation. They can also be your means of earning or for spreading the word to get people to follow a cause you believe in. Whatever reasons you have doesn’t really matter. There is after all, a blogger in all of us.
To have a blog, or at least a publicly available one, you surely are aiming to be heard, or read. But how could people possibly learn about your simple little blog? You might wonder. Well, read on to find out how, and you might also learn how having readers might be helpful to you.
So, let’s assume you have a new blog, and haven’t really put any work into it yet. You haven’t even decided what to put in it. Here are things you might want to consider to start working on your blog.
- Decide on what you’re going to be blogging about. Of course you can randomly post stuff about random things. That is after all your personal blog. But you’d get more followers if you stuck with at least a specific topic or niche. Find what you’re most comfortable blogging about.
- Name it. Pretty basic, yes. But a blog’s name can also be its selling point. Don’t make it say what your blog is about plainly, instead try making it sound more interesting. Make readers want to look through your content.
- Decorate. Make your blog speak for you, even if readers haven’t really read your work yet. Get a theme for your blog, or maybe make one. Remember to keep your theme lively or pleasant to look at without being obtrusive, otherwise, readers will steer clear of your blog.
Now that you have your blog set up, what do you do next? Of course, you start putting in content. It would really help if you had a constant flow of updates/new content coming up your blog. That way, readers would know you have something new for them regularly. Now you can make your blog a bit more interesting for your followers. By mixing things up a bit, you can turn your blog into a photo/video/text blog. Your visitors will find different kinds of content refreshing, as they won’t always have to read stuff, not that anything’s wrong with sticking to conventional blogging.
Even you can use Comindware’s Task Tracking software for better management and to do list.
After all the work you’ve done, the next thing you need to do is bring visitors into your blog. How? Here are some tips.
- Promote your blog. Tell people about it. There’s nothing wrong with that. Promote your blog on Facebook, or other social networking sites. That’ll help.
- Visit other blogs, comment on them. Let them know you have your own stuff too. Chances are, they’ll be thankful enough to visit your blog in return.
- Make keyword-rich content on your blog. Keywords are generally words that are most likely going to be searched by people on different search engines such as Google. With keyword-rich and relevant content, you may actually put your blog in Google’s lists of suggestions.
There are a lot more ways to generate traffic for your blog, but the ones listed above are probably some of the more basic tips.
You might be asking why traffic is important. Well, aside from the obvious fact that you’d need readers or viewers to actually view your content, traffic is a means of making money via your blog too. With pay-per-click services such as AdSense, every click on an ad to be posted on your blog would mean cash to you. Also, with a high enough reputation or ranking, your page can actually gain you interested parties that may want to advertise on your page… for a fee of course.
So for those who wish to start blogging out there, just read and digest this article, and you can be well on your way.
You can also join a Digital Marketing Course in Delhi to learn more on this topic.