The main aim for any email promoter is to create content which attracts users. While subject lines are the most important, the structure and content of the email is also important. The more attractive an email is, the better the response that campaign gets. You need to use the merge purge software from Data Ladder that will help you with your email campaign. Here are a few tips to get you started.
Attractive Subject Lines
Subject lines are considered the life line of any email message and the subject line alone has the capability to determine whether or not a consumer will open the email or not. A subject line should always be exciting and include something like a special offer or discounted rates which increase the consumer’s interest to view the email. The most important factor in creating subject lines is the length. An ideal subject line is no longer than 50 characters.
Tips to create attractive subject lines
- A sense of urgency: Including a limited time offer in an email subject line encourages recipients to open the email.
- Focus on the most important message: Even though a subject line should not go beyond 50 characters, it is best to add the most important information in the subject line as this helps conveying the message even if the email is not opened.
- Gather information and get inspired: newspapers and magazines are really useful and can help you in coming up with some catchy subject lines.
- Learn from experience: Monitor your email campaigns and check to see which subject lines work better. Experiment for a while and then stick to the ones that work best.
Promotion And Information
The main aim of every email campaign is to promote a company and its products or services in the best possible manner. The email content should never be too long, and should fit on a page without requiring the person to scroll down for information.
The best possible way to create quality content for an email is a combination of the right information and strong promotional techniques.
The longer your association with a reader the better your campaigns function. It’s important for a promoter to keep readers involved with the company. The best way to do this is by creating polls, surveys and feedback forms.
Understand Your Subscribers
Every email campaign is only as successful as the subscriber’s requirement. As a promoter it is important to understand a subscriber and their requirement. Understanding what they would like or what can attract them is essential.
Apart from the subject line and the body of the email, there are a few points one should keep in mind before starting an email campaign.
- Ensure you email is sent from a name that is recognized. When promoting a company, use the company name to increase the open rate.
- Always ensure your email has a headline. Keep the headline of the email in sync with the subject of the email message.
- Use at least one image in the email. Images attract viewers and have the capability to convey a message at a faster rate as compared to a text message.
- The design and layout of an email message is very important and the best email campaigns are those which are designed in a proper manner.
- Addressing the recipient is crucial and using their name when possible is the best way to get higher open rates.
- Always add a call to action to every email message. A call to action helps you get the most benefit out of the email and reaches the ultimate purpose of the promoter and the company
- Use the right links and link your content correctly. Always include an unsubscribe link in the email.
- It’s advisable to get an email designed and its content written from a professional to get the best results.
Importance Of Cleaning Data
A number of business owners underestimate the importance of cleaning data on a regular basis. If you think that you can just purchase a list of email ID’s and go ahead and email them at the same time that you purchase them, then you are wrong. Emailing the ID’s without checking them is nothing but a waste of time and resource. Not only will half the email ID’s be invalid, there will be others that will get you into trouble. These days’ people have a number of options to stay away from promotional emails and other campaigns. All they need to do is register for the National Do Not Contact of the National Do Not Email registry and they will receive no contact regarding any kind of marketing or promotional information via call or email. Any email that is sent out in bulk quantities is considered promotional.
If you end up sending an email to any of these prohibited email ID’s, your email is going to get reported. This is something that is not good news for you. Once your email gets reported, you are restricted from sending out any more bulk emails until you justify why your email went out in the first place. This means that your server gets blacklisted and your email campaigns will hit a roadblock. White listing your server and getting things back on track is not that easy and this is where cleaning data comes into the picture.
You will be able to make sure that your entire data is checked against all the registry lists and if any email ID falls in any of these lists, they are scrubbed off. These email ID’s are stored separately and you can send different kind of emails to these ID’s and try and get them back on your generic mailing list. Cleaning your data regularly will ensure that your email campaign is not hindered in any way and your company does not get into trouble as well.