Configuration of a Netgear Router permits its valuable users to use it with your existing WiFi network. This process of installation helps in resolving network related problems instantly. On the other hand, is it also very useful in performing the task of Netgear Extender Setup safely? You just have to connect router and the range extender with each other and visit mywifiext.
First, let us discuss some valuable steps for your New Extender Setup
- Before we get started, we would like to insist our valuable users, do not make use of an outdated firmware of router and the modem. Ask Netgear Extender Support regarding the same.
- After updating the firmware of router and the modem, connect them both with each other (temporary wiring with an Ethernet cable).
- Now, what you have to do, plug your range extender to the place where you have connected both the latest firmware of devices with each other.
- Once done with the wiring process, bring your computer closer to the extender, connect it them via Ethernet cable and wait for the LED lights on your WiFi extender starts blinking.
- Moreover, turn your computer on and launch a web browser. After that, you have to type either mywifiext.local or 168.1.250 into field of the address bar.
- We hope that you have the details of default username and password. If not, don’t panic and go for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Manual
Now, the time has come to discuss with you, the valuable and easy steps to configure a Netgear Router
- Turn off your router off for a short while and take it closer to the existing modem that is supposed to be updated with the latest version of technology.
- Make use of a well-maintained Ethernet cable in order to connect your modem to the Internet port label of your Netgear Router. Turn on your modem and let the power lights on it become stable.
- Similarly, plug your router in and let the lights on your device becomes solid green.
- Now, connect your computer with the router and launch a web browser onto it. Here, also you are supposed to type the default IP address of the Netgear router into field of the address bar.
- Login to the web interface of the router using default details of username and password.
- Moreover, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Setup Wizard” that is situated at the very left sidebar of your computer.
- After that, select on “Yes” if you want Netgear to detect the connection of your Internet. Once selected, click “Next”. Moreover, you are now supposed to “take me to the Internet” to verify your connection is working properly or not.
Troubleshooting Netgear Router Configuration
- Try using the latest firmware for your Netgear Router. Mostly, in every case, an outdated firmware of a router can prevent you from being able to launch an Internet connection. For more assistance, visit mywifiext.net.
- If you still have difficulty connecting to the Internet after configuration of the router, a reset will restore your device’s factory default settings and helps in resolving all the software problems related or linked with your router.
- Moreover, faulty hardware and cables can prevent you from being able to effectively configure your router. So, in that case, consider using different Ethernet cables that do not have any cuts and dust on it.
- Contact experts on toll-free number 1-888-829-5515 for further assistance if you are still unable to setup your Netgear router. You can also visit net for a brief description of products and its setup.
Note: Netgear does not keep the access to your login details supplied to you by your Internet Service Provider.