Netgear WiFi extenders are awesome devices that are intended to provide a boost to your existing wireless network. They receive the signals incoming from the router and repeat them to spread into all the directions. Netgear extenders come with a configuration CD which makes new extender setup easier than ever. But what if you have misplaced or lost the installation CD? Don’t worry. You can still make the setup process a bit easy without using the configuration CD. Just follow the steps below and complete your Netgear extender setup without having any issue.
Netgear extenders are compatible with a vast array of routers available in the market, be it is provided by an Internet Service Provider or purchased separately. Some devices also operate on both the frequency bands i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz. In case your router only provides support for 2.4GHz, of course you can use the extender but the performance will entirely dependent on the band used. Keep in mind to buy the version meant for your region to make sure compatibility with power and standard connections and local regulations.
Place the WiFi extender to an ideal location i.e. nearby your wireless router and computer. Ensure to make tight cable connections. After that, you just have to walk through the steps provided in the setup CD.
But now, you don’t need an installation CD to get the extender up and running. You neither need drivers nor special software to install the extender. Similar to wireless routers, Netgear WiFi range extender setup wizard is built into every extender. Therefore, it is very easy to set up the extender without any extra items.
Looking for the steps to follow? Your search ends here.
- Turn on the extender and let the LED become visible.
- When the extender turned on properly, connect it to a WiFi network.
- Power on your computer and make a connection with the SSID.
- Open a web browser and write mywifiext in the empty box appearing at the very top right side.
- In most cases, when you launch a new browser window, the net setup wizard opens automatically.
- But if it doesn’t open, you have to manually enter the web address using keyboard.
- You can also use com web address for login.
- Next, click on the login button.
- Now, doing so will take you to Netgear genie smart setup.
- This wizard will provide you a step-by-step guidance for new extender setup.
- Carefully follow them and make the extender up and running.
The above-mentioned steps will help you in setting up the WiFi range extender. At times, users fail to connect with mywifiext login page. In this case, you can follow some mywifiext.net troubleshooting tips highlighted below:
- Double-check the web address you have entered.
- Connect the computer to a reliable internet connection.
- Maybe your web browser has accumulated a lot of junk files. Delete them right away.
- If you are setting up the extender on Mac devices, use net local domain.
- You can use 192.168.1.250 IP address for login instead of the web address. If this IP address doesn’t work for you, find Netgear default IP address for your device.
- Connect the extender using WPS process.
- Try another web browser.
- Bring the extender back to the default settings.
- Contact one of our highly experienced technicians for instant help.
Thus, you will be able to access mywifiext without facing any error. Netgear extender can be used in two modes: extender and access point mode. So prior to the setup process, use your preferred mode and complete the setup.
If you found this post really helpful, do share with your near or dear ones as well via your favorite social media platforms.