Nowadays, internet has become an important need in our daily life. In today’s scenario, there is no task where internet isn’t needed or required. Be it online shopping, transferring documents, online banking, doing business, chatting with your friends, playing online games, recharging your cellphone, or downloading stuff from the internet, there is no task you that can’t do from your home if you have a solid and active internet connection and gone through Linksys WiFi range extender setup process.
If you have a laptop, desktop or a cell phone, you can connect all these devices via WiFi with the Linksys smart wireless range extender as it allows you connect multiple devices together within a particular area at the same time. Well, using a slow and sluggish WiFi is pretty much frustrating due to its low internet connectivity and signal strength. Despite many attempts, the existing signal strength isn’t improved yet. So, if you are facing the same trouble again and again, then you’ve reached the right place. In this post, we’ve come up with the list of best ways to perk up the WiFi signal strength at your home. Let’s get started:
Below are some best rose petal ways to perk up the WiFi signal strength at your home:
Place your Existing WiFi Router in a Perfect Spot
You may have some rooms of your house where WiFi signal is full, while in other rooms there is lack of internet connectivity. The only reason behind this issue is that you haven’t placed your smart wireless router in a perfect place or spot. When you locate your existing WiFi router behind a wall or any device or under cabinet or beneath table, some signals will get blocked and this will result in bad signal strength and poor connectivity. So, to get rid of this issue make sure that your device is placed openly in an airy room, at a neat, clean, dry, and a higher shelf.
Also, Spot your WiFi Router off the Ground
When you find a place to spot your router, make sure you lift it up off the ground. In this way, the internet signals can penetrate easily from some interference-creating obstructions like metal gadgets, cement, concrete walls, electronic appliances, baby monitors and you can get improved internet connectivity. If you do the mistake of placing it on the ground your WiFi signals get absorbed by these obstructions and the internet connectivity will ultimately be decreased.
So for best internet connectivity, lift the WiFi router off the ground!
It is also recommended to manually configure Linksys range extender for superior signal strength. They are very helpful in eliminating blind spots and provide the internet range in those areas that are declared as dead zones.
It is also suggested that you place your WiFi router away from treadmill, microwave, automatic garage opener, cordless phones, electronic toys, etc.
For Linksys extender setup process, you have to take care of the following things:
- Place your router and the range extender a bit closer to each other.
- Both of them should be connected properly via Ethernet cable.
- Your existing router shouldn’t carry older and outdated firmware of technology.
- Type the correct URL of the default IP address of your device to access Linksys smart WiFi login page. The web address is extender.linksys.com and the default IP address of your device is 192.168.1.1.
If your Smart WiFi Setup Not Working and need instant extender.linksys.com support, then simply grab your smartphone and dial a toll-free number 1-844-726-2255.
Moreover, in order to improve the internet range, you have to:
- Place the antennas of your router and the range extender in a straight vertical position.
- Do not keep moving the antennas of your devices.
- If you are facing connectivity issues, place our devices out of the obstructions mentioned above.
- Turn those obstructions off when not in use.
- Do not keep the login details as default. The reason behind brain-teaser internet connectivity issues is that there is lot of traffic in your home network. To get rid of such issue, use a valid and strong Linksys smart WiFi router password. Apply this process for your range extender as well.
Note: The password shouldn’t consist of any dictionary words.
If this process doesn’t work and you can’t connect to Linksys extender, then reset both your router and the range extender once.
For this process, you have to grab a paper clip and insert it into the reset hole of your range extender for a couple of minutes. As soon as you see that the Led lights on it have started blinking, release the button carefully.
After a couple of minutes, apply the same process on your router a well.
Our post for best ways to boost WiFi signal ends here. You can apply these methods to perk up your internet connectivity. All the above-mentioned tips are very effective, they’ll definitely come handy and if you still have concerns, raise them simply through comment section below.