It is very important to check the status of your range extender and also verify whether it is properly connected with your wireless network or not. Also, check whether it is receiving correct IP address (default) from the router or not. Make sure that your Linksys range extender is physically connected with the home network. This step is very important for Linksys Extender Setup and Linksys Smart WiFi Login.
Well, the steps that we are going to explain are very important for Linksys extender devices. If you want to change the default login credentials for your WiFi range extender, then you have to go for the ‘management tab’ for your Linksys device. This option will be clearly visible on your screen using the web address extender.linksys.com support.
Following Are the Steps to Check the Current Status for Your Linksys Device
- Unbox the range extender and take it closer to the computer.
- For Linksys Smart WiFi Login, open a web browser and type the default IP address of your device into the address bar.
- Now, consider checking the status of your device by going to ‘status’ tab. Here, you will need to search for the tab named as ‘device info’.
- As soon as you click on the icon or option ‘network address’, you will get an instant option for checking the ‘current status’ for your device. After that, you will automatically find the type of internet connection you are using. The IP address that is assigned to your range extender and subnet mask that is safely provided to your Linksys Extender Setup
If you need any assistance related to your Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup or want us to check the exact status of Linksys device, then you are free to call us anytime on toll-free number 1-844-726-2255.
- Now, if you click on WLAN Statistic tab, you will immediately receive information for the network name (SSID) that is assigned to your device, radio band for your WiFi extender devices, status of your Linksys devices, and the MAC address.
Manually Configure Linksys Range Extender
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect your range extender with the computer.
- Open a web browser, but remember your computer supposed to be physically and properly connected with the WiFi range extender. Once done, type the default IP address of your extender in the URL bar.
- Hit ‘Enter’.
- Fill the default login credentials in the required fields.
- Now, under the ‘wireless’ tab, go for the option ‘basic wireless settings’.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘manual’ option for the configuration of your range extender. Here, you can choose the advance ‘security settings’ for your Linksys device.
- In case, you choose WPA or WPA2 configuration for your WiFi device, you have to make sure that you are filling the correct security password you have set already for your device.
Can’t connect to Linksys Extender: Here’s the Solution
- Clear all the browsing history, cache, cookies, and malware before getting into Linksys Smart WiFi Login
- Do not overload your device with malicious files.
- Place your devices out of the reach of public WiFi, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices/ speakers, baby monitors, microwaves, etc.
- Both the devices supposed to be placed openly in airy and clean room.
- For more assistance, call us on toll-free number immediately.