Make use of your router’s default IP address to access and make changes to its settings. However, it is not an everyday task that you keeps on changing the network settings as well as to upgrade the firmware of router. In case you tend to address a network-wide problem and make changes to your network, you are supposed to set up port forwarding rules, configure firmware updates, avoid overheating and overloading of a device from large and malicious files, etc. Even for your Netgear Range Extender Setup, you are supposed to access router as an admin that will require the IP address of your main device and username and password set as default.
Follow the below-given steps to access the router as an Administrator
- Be certain that your device is properly connected to the router with the wireless connection or an Ethernet cable.
- Aware yourself about the IP address of your main device. Nearly all routers uses the following default addresses:
- If the above-given addresses do not work and you are not definite about the default IP address, then it will be better for our users to go with the manual steps or contact your Internet Service Provider immediately.
- After connecting your PC with your device, you can now open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, etc. and type in the default IP address of your device that you can easily locate at the back of device into the address bar.
- If you want to access and validate the admin settings, then you are theoretical forced to fill in the administrative login information to the displayed page.
- Some routers are shipped with the default login credentials whereas some are not. You can track the following links to see list of default username and password:
If you are still not sure about the admin details, then you have no option left to contact the Netgear Customer Support Executive. You can also visit the home page of Netgear Genie Setup as this will help you to guide with its valuable steps and also provide you information about your devices and network security. Just make the use of another web browser and type Mywifiext into the field of address bar. Rest you will come to know when you will login to the home page of Netgear Genie.
What to do if I fail to access my Router?
Even after trying multiple times the username and password on your device, you might see an error message shown to you by the web browser itself. This situation only occurs if by mistakenly your computer got disconnected with the main router or the combination of default credentials might be mistyped or received incorrectly.
We suppose that you are 100% sure that you are using the correct IP and default details to have access to your router. So, in that case, you have no option left than to follow the subsequent given-below:
- Reset the factory default settings.
- Disable the firewall security on your device temporarily.
- Reboot the entire networking system along with your devices.
- Go for the WPS process.
- Unplug and disconnect all the wires that are connected to each other.
Administrate a Router over WiFi
Setting up a router can be done over a wireless if the network connection has dropped, wireless settings are changed and firewall security has broken down over a wired connection. When you are eagerly waiting to access your router via WiFi, maintain your router, its antennas, etc and locate it closer (within the range) to the wired computer or laptop and the existing modem. To avoid signal breakage, buffering in downloading and watching online stuff, evade interferences of metal appliances, third-party devices and even those equipments that carry the same frequency.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup needs to get connected with your existing modem with the help of an Ethernet cable. Plug them both into a power outlet and do not proceed until the LED lights on both the devices turn to solid green. Now, open a web browser and type Mywifiext into the field of address bar. Switching to a range extender is the smartest decision ever taken by users. It provides you features such as safe network, secure firewall, and high speed Internet with a valid and reliable IP address.